Poema de Ogden Nash -The otopus-


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Tell me, O Octopus, I begs
Is those things arms, or is they legs?
I marvel at thee, Octopus;
If I were thou, I'd call me Us.

Via Poem Hunter

Ogden Nash (1902-1971)
Born Frederick Ogden Nash on August 19, 1902 in Rye, New York. An ancestor, General Francis Nash, gave his name to Nashville, Tennesee. Raised in Rye, New York and Savannah, Georgia. Educated at St. George's School in Rhode Island and, briefly, Harvard University. Started work writing advertising copy for Doubleday, Page Publishing, New York, in 1925. Published first book for children, The Cricket of Caradon in 1925. First published poem Spring Comes to Murray Hill appears in New Yorker magazine in 1930. Joins staff at New Yorker in 1932. Married Frances Rider Leonard on June 6, 1933. Published 19 books of poetry. Collaborated, in 1943, in the musical comedy, One Touch of Venus Elected to the National Institute of Arts and Letters in 1950. Lived in New York but his principal home was in Baltimore, Maryland, where he died on May 19, 1971. He was buried in North Hampton, New Hampshire. ..

Labels: ,


0 Responses to “Poema de Ogden Nash -The otopus-”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links

Another Links

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Unión de Bloggers Hispanos blog search directory Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites Top Personal blogs


ATOM 0.3